- This event has passed.
Designing Interactive Data Dashboards with Excel and Google: Beginner Level
January 20 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Indiana Evaluation Association will be offering two professional development workshops in January 2023, and affiliates are welcome to join!
Creating dynamic dashboards in Excel and Google is a fantastic and cost-effective way to view important data with minimal construction time. This workshop takes you through all you need to know to design interactive dashboards from start to finish in Excel and Google Sheets. Shelly and Tom will provide you with practical, hands-on, step-by-step instructions to turn your static data table into a dynamic dashboard that will “wow” your stakeholders. We will demonstrate how to use Pivot Tables, PivotCharts, and Slicers to create well-designed dashboards that allow your stakeholders to slice-and-dice the data in seconds. You will leave the workshop with clear steps that you can immediately implement to create stunning dashboards that are pliable, dynamic and easy to reproduce.
You will learn:
- How to use PivotTables, PivotCharts, and Slicers to create interactive dashboards
- Quick visualization tips and tricks to customize your dashboards for stakeholders
- How to secure your dashboard using built-in protection features
- Different chart types to display data in the most meaningful way
- Basic knowledge of Excel (e.g., charts, basic formulas)
- PivotTable knowledge is helpful, but not necessary to take this workshop
The link to register can be found HERE. NCEN members can register for free with the code provided via the listserv.