- This event has passed.
Designing Interactive Data Dashboards with Excel and Google: Advanced Level
January 27 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This is the second of two professional development workshops being offered by The Indiana Evaluation Association in January 2023, and affiliates are welcome to join!
This advanced workshop will take your dashboards to the next level. In this hands-on, step-by-step workshop, Shelly and Tom will provide best practices in dashboard design to make your dashboards really pop. They will also teach you how to incorporate inferential statistics (e.g., t-tests) into your dashboards that update and as you slice and- dice your data. Throughout the course, you will learn advanced features in Excel to maximize the impact of your dashboards. As part of your participation in this course, you will have access to 6 sample interactive dashboards in Excel that you can use in your own practice. Excel features to maximize to have the chance to learn some “smart” visualizations that your clients will be asking “how’d you do that?”.
You will learn:
- Best practices in designing your dashboards to maximize impact
- Four effective dashboard layout techniques
- Advanced features in Excel to customize your dashboards for various stakeholders
- How to integrate inferential statistics (e.g., t-tests) into your dashboards
- Knowledge of both PivotTables and Slicers in Excel is required (Consider taking the beginner workshop in advance to get caught up!)
The link to register can be found HERE. NCEN members can register for free with the code provided via the listserv.